Working with OpenERP is published by Packt Publishing in November 2013. This book has 334 pages in English, ISBN-13 9781782163800.
OpenERP continues to gain momentum throughout the world in providing the best platform for open source ERP installations. This book covers all the essential modules and how to get the power of OpenERP to work for you.
“Working with OpenERP” provides a real-world business solution approach to integrating OpenERP into your small or medium sized business. This book begins by walking you through how to install OpenERP on a Windows or Ubuntu server then takes you through all the essential modules you will need to get OpenERP up and running for your company.
All through the book, “Working with OpenERP” provides real-world examples in sales, customer relationship management (CRM), purchasing, manufacturing, human resources, and financial accounting. After covering the basics, you will learn how to customize various methods to configure OpenERP for your business and even build your own custom modules.
“Working with OpenERP” covers all the basics of installing and using OpenERP along with advanced real-world examples you will not find anywhere else.
What you will learn from this book
- Install OpenERP on both Windows and Ubuntu operating systems
- Create your own custom OpenERP applications
- Configure a complete sales order and invoicing system
- Streamline purchasing and receiving for your company
- Implement manufacturing operations and processes with real world examples
- Discover the capabilities of OpenERP’s financial accounting and reporting features
- Integrate powerful human resource applications that simplify the collection and management of employee information
- Utilize OpenERP’s full featured project management application to organize tasks and track time and costs associated with billable projects
This book is a practical, hands-on guide that provides the reader with a number of real-world examples and step-by-step instructions.
Who this book is written for
“Working with OpenERP” is written to make it easy for even a non-technical business person to begin implementing OpenERP in their business. This book uses real-world examples and is perfect for people who have never implemented an ERP system before or used OpenERP, or for those who would like to learn more advanced features, such as creating your own custom modules.