Getting Started with PhantomJS is published by Packt Publishing in November 2013. This book has 140 pages in English, ISBN-13 9781782164227.
A step step-by by-step guide that will help you develop new tools for solving web and testing problems in an effective and quick way. The book will teach you how to use and maximize PhantomJS to develop new tools for web scrapping, web performance measurement and monitoring, and headless web testing. This book will help you understand PhantomJS’ scripting API capabilities and strengths.
Through its practical approach, this book strives to teach you by example, where each chapter focuses on the common and practical usage of PhantomJS, and how to extract meaningful information from the web and other services.
By the end of the book, you will have acquired the skills to enable you to use PhantomJS for web testing, as well as learning the basics of Jasmine, and how it can be used with PhantomJS.
What you will learn from this book
- Explore the possibilities of PhantomJS development and make use of a headless browser
- Understand PhantomJS’ core features and API
- Manipulate the DOM properties of web pages using scripts
- Interact with web pages using PhantomJS scripts
- Learn how to emulate keyboards and mouse actions
- Work with geolocation services with PhantomJS
- Build scripts that will create web sites snapshots
- Create and implement PhantomJS custom modules
- Use PhantomJS to perform headless testing with Jasmine
A standard tutorial approach, as a complete guide detailing the major aspects of PhantomJS with particular focus on website testing.
Who this book is written for