Ext JS Data-Driven Application Design is published by Packt Publishing in December 2013. This book has 162 pages in English, ISBN-13 9781782165446.
This book will enable you to build databases using information from an existing database with Ext JS. It covers the MVC application architecture that enables development teams to work independently on one project. Additionally, the book teaches advanced charting capability, enabling developers to create state-of-the-art charts just once. These charts are compatible with major browsers without the need to rely on plugins.
This hands-on, practical guide will take you through the mechanics of building an application. In this instance, we will use this application to manage existing data structures in the form of a database.
You will begin by making SQL and tables in MySQL and will then move on to developing the project environment and introducing Sencha Cmd. You will learn to create a form to input data and monitor the state of the input, while seeing how Ext Direct will validate the form on the server side.
Finally, you will have a working application that is ready for you to customize to suit your needs. You can also use it as a template for any future projects when you need a similar database.
What you will learn from this book
- Understand an existing virtual company’s data structure, and make SQL and tables in MySQL
- Develop the environment of the project while introducing Sencha Cmd and using Ext.util.History at the same time
- Create a form to input data and transmit the data to a server via Ext Direct
- Discover how to display data and create data searches
- Implement a report that displays four different types of graph on the dashboard
- Implement the data import/export process to restore or backup the data
An in-depth tutorial that teaches you the basics of data-driven applications, and how to design and implement them using Ext JS.
Who this book is written for