ElasticSearch Cookbook is published by Packt Publishing in December 2013. This book has 422 pages in English, ISBN-13 9781782166627.
ElasticSearch is one of the most promising NoSQL technologies available and is built to provide a scalable search solution with built-in support for near real-time search and multi-tenancy.
This practical guide is a complete reference for using ElasticSearch and covers 360 degrees of the ElasticSearch ecosystem. We will get started by showing you how to choose the correct transport layer, communicate with the server, and create custom internal actions for boosting tailored needs.
Starting with the basics of the ElasticSearch architecture and how to efficiently index, search, and execute analytics on it, you will learn how to extend ElasticSearch by scripting and monitoring its behaviour.
Step-by-step, this book will help you to improve your ability to manage data in indexing with more tailored mappings, along with searching and executing analytics with facets. The topics explored in the book also cover how to integrate ElasticSearch with Python and Java applications.
This comprehensive guide will allow you to master storing, searching, and analyzing data with ElasticSearch.
What you will learn from this book
- Choose the best ElasticSearch cloud topology to deploy and power it up with external plugins
- Control the index steps with tailored mappings
- Manage indices and documents and build a complex query against them
- Execute facets to compute analytics against your data to improve searches and results
- Use scripting to bypass limits of search, facets, and updates
- Synchronize and populate data from different data sources, by managing rivers (SQL, NoSQL, web)
- Monitor the cluster and node performances, and execute common tasks via web interfaces
- Integrate ElasticSearch in Python and Java applications
- Extend the capabilities of ElasticSearch by writing your own plugin to add REST calls, rivers, and custom cluster actions
Written in an engaging, easy-to-follow style, the recipes will help you to extend the capabilities of ElasticSearch to manage your data effectively.
Who this book is written for
If you are a developer who implements ElasticSearch in your web applications, manage data, or have decided to start using ElasticSearch, this book is ideal for you. This book assumes that you’ve got working knowledge of JSON and Java.