IBM SmartCloud Essentials is published by Packt Publishing in December 2013. This book has 112 pages in English, ISBN-13 9781782170648.
IBM, the oldest technology company in the world, has a wide variety of powerful cloud services to offer from its IBM SmartCloud portfolio. Being able to differentiate them, and knowing how to use them efficiently gives you a competitive advantage over others.
Starting with the basics of cloud computing, this guide covers the wide range of cloud components, services, and solutions in the IBM SmartCloud portfolio. Following on from this, you’ll be introduced to the public , Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) cloud service – IBM SmartCloud Enterprise; before peeking into the future of IBM cloud services. Using this book, you will discover the advantage of both traditional enterprise computing and public cloud computing.
You will explore IBM’s portfolio of cloud computing solutions ranging from infrastructure services (IaaS), to business services (BPaaS), and private to public cloud. You will be taken through a number of in-depth use-cases, examples, and hand-on exercises that will help you to take advantage of infrastructure as a service solution IBM SmartCloud Enterprise quickly and easily.
You will learn everything you need to know about the IBM SmartCloud Enterprise, including how to take advantage of cloud computing within your organization.
What you will learn from this book
- Navigate the IBM SmartCloud portfolio, which contains a wide variety of cloud computing services
- Explore the advantages of cloud computing, and the most important cloud standardization bodies
- Create virtual servers and virtual storage
- Create images, and perform basic functions using the self-service management console
- Set up virtually any application topology.
- Perform a cost estimate for your cloud system within minutes
- Establish object storage to store terabytes of files and other important data in a highly secure way
A practical, user-friendly guide that provides an introduction to cloud computing using IBM SmartCloud, along with a thorough understanding of resource management in a cloud environment.
Who this book is written for
This book is great for anyone who wants to get a grasp of what cloud computing is and what IBM SmartCloud has to offer. If you are an IT specialist, IT architect, system administrator, or a developer who wants to thoroughly understand the cloud computing resource model, this book is ideal for you. No prior knowledge of cloud computing is expected.