Getting Started with SQL Server 2014 Administration is published by Packt Publishing in April 2014. This book has 106 pages in English, ISBN-13 9781782172413.
The release of SQL Server 2014 has brought with it some great new features and enhancements that database administrators can use to make their database servers faster, highly available, and protected from disaster. As the lines between on-premise and on-cloud based solutions become even more blurred, enterprise database applications such as SQL Server 2014 have evolved to allow DBAs to utilize both services to maintain their key service level agreements, ensuring that their important databases are always available. SQL Server 2014 has a strong focus on business intelligence, making it a vital tool if you are looking to improve the performance of your processes as a relational database professional.
Getting Started with SQL Server 2014 Administration will guide you through your first steps of learning SQL Server 2014 by introducing you to its new features and helping you create a hybrid environment, which is both highly available and allows you to get the best performance from your databases. This book is for anyone who wants to boost their database application performance to the next level.
What you will learn from this book
- Design a SQL Server infrastructure combining on-premise servers and Windows Azure Storage
- Create a backup strategy that allows you to store your SQL Server backup in the Windows Azure cloud
- Improve database performance by using the In-Memory OLTP features
- Implement the delayed durability feature to improve transaction latency
- Use a cloud-based replica to build an AlwaysOn Availability Group
- Learn the other enhancements and new features that can help improve database performance
This is an easy-to-follow handson tutorial that includes real world examples of SQL Server 2014’s new features. Each chapter is explained in a stepbystep manner which guides you to implement the new technology.
Who this book is for
If you want to create an highly efficient database server then this book is for you. This book is for database professionals and system administrators who want to use the added features of SQL Server 2014 to create a hybrid environment, which is both highly available and allows you to get the best performance from your databases.