Node Cookbook is published by Packt Publishing in April 2014. This book has 378 pages in English, ISBN-13 9781783280438.
Beginning with making your own web server, the recipes are designed to allow smooth progression through Node in order to help you design full web applications, command-line applications, and Node modules.
There’s also extensive coverage on using popular frameworks such as Express 4 and Socket.IO, writing your own Node modules and different ways to take your apps live.
What you will learn from this book
- Create different kinds of servers
- Manipulate all kinds of data
- Interface with various databases
- Use streams for efficient, powerful data shuffling
- Create real-time apps
- Create command-line apps
- Write and publish your own modules
- Work with the Express framework
- Get to grips with the module ecosystem
- Explore with external remote APIs
- Learn various security, encryption, and authentication techniques
In Node Cookbook Second Edition, each chapter focuses on a different aspect of working with Node. Following a Cookbook structure, the recipes are written in an easy-to-understand language. Readers will find it easier to grasp even the complex recipes which are backed by lots of illustrations, tips, and hints.
Who this book is written for