jQuery 2.0 Development Cookbook is published by Packt Publishing in February 2014. This book has 410 pages in English, ISBN-13 9781783280896.
jQuery 2.0 Development Cookbook is your go-to place for modern client-side web development solutions with detailed examples and reusable code. You will learn to use jQuery and build dynamic websites and web applications with a truly unique web experience using animations, effects, user interaction, and more.
This Cookbook’s extensive and practical examples will guide you through jQuery basics all the way to create full-featured implementations. You will be shown how to add interactive and dynamic content to HTML websites and how to create cross-platform web applications.
You will also be shown how to use jQuery’s animations and effects to add attractive visuals to your interfaces to create a stylish user experience. Additionally you will learn how to create user interface elements such as drag-and-drop lists, accordions, tabbed content, and even Google Maps integration.
With jQuery 2.0 Development Cookbook, you will learn everything you need to know to allow you to create modern web applications using jQuery, from the basics to complete features thanks to the detailed and practical examples.
What you will learn from this book
- Use jQuery and CSS to create more complete animations
- Construct a mobile website and web app with jQuery Mobile
- Create robust web forms for collecting user data with validation and user feedback
- Build powerful user interface elements to provide an intuitive experience for your users
- Add style to your interfaces with effects and basic animations
- Utilize jQuery and AJAX to load content into pages without the need for refreshing
Taking a recipe-based approach, this book presents numerous practical examples that you can use directly in your applications. The book covers the essential issues you will face while developing your web applications and gives you solutions to them. The recipes in this book are written in a manner that rapidly takes you from beginner to expert level.
Who this book is written for