Mastering CryENGINE is published by Packt Publishing in April 2014. This book has 278 pages in English, ISBN-13 9781783550258.
CryENGINE is one of the most powerful real-time 3D engines available today. Used in blockbuster games like FarCry, Crysis, and Ryse, its rendering and real-time capabilities are unmatched. The CryENGINE SDK toolkit can be used to build any type of game, from first-person shooters to strategy games and simulations.
This book will take your CryENGINE skills to the next level, allowing you to unleash the full power of the engine. Whether you are working on a small mod or a large-scale production, the user-friendly steps and illustrations in this book will help you master the wide range of features of the CryENGINE toolkit. You will learn advanced techniques, best practices, and various methods utilized in production by CryENGINE veterans.
This book takes you from setting up a professional production environment through to preparing your build for release. It begins with the setting up of a CryENGINE-ready production pipeline, further introducing you to the advanced features of CryENGINE. You will learn how to utilize build scripts to create automated builds, discover new features, set up your game characters to lip synch to audio files, and use the animation system to create life-like characters. You will also explore how to use the Lua scripting language to build more sophisticated gameplay elements. Additionally, you will also learn how to make your game look attractive by using particle effects and the brand new lens flare editor.
Finally, this book will empower you to get your game ready to ship and will show you how to release it in the market.
What you will learn from this book
- Build a solid and flexible CryENGINE production pipeline
- Use the CryENGINE input system to react to mouse, keyboard, and game controllers and to filter the input when needed
- Create a facial setup for your characters and lip synch to audio
- Use Lua script to create new, powerful entities for your game
- Use CryMannequin to set up and trigger animations
- Add some eye candy to your game using the particle system, the lens flare editor, and CryENGINE’s real-time post processing effects
- Get your game ready to ship and make sure your build is ready to go out to the public
A comprehensive guide that covers advanced tasks performed with the CryENGINE system using interesting examples and illustrations demonstrating each of its features.
Who this book is for
This book is designed for developers who already have a basic understanding of CryENGINE and who want to take their skills to the next level. Whether you are a hobbyist developer or you are working on an AAA project, Mastering CryENGINE will help you enhance your CryENGINE proficiency.