Heroku Cloud Application Development is published by Packt Publishing in April 2014. This book has 336 pages in English, ISBN-13 9781783550975.
Heroku is one of the leading cloud platforms supported by several programming languages. It lets you develop applications without worrying about the infrastructure. You can instantly build, deploy, and troubleshoot the most advanced and robust cloud applications using a rich set of available tools. Just write your application and leave the rest to Heroku. Heroku helps you build the most feature-rich web applications using add-ons and multiple data sources that can be easily configured.
This book is about Heroku, but more importantly, it is about the ease with which a developer with limited availability or knowledge of deployment infrastructure can run and manage a cloud app 24/7/365. It will show how Heroku is language independent and does not lock the user to a particular operating environment.
What you will learn from this book
- Recognize the components of the Heroku infrastructure and how they work together to give a seamless platform experience
- Write an application using any supported language (Ruby, Java, PHP, Python, and more) and deploy it easily and instantly
- Run and scale your cloud application on demand using a variety of useful Heroku commands
- Secure and debug your cloud application faster using popular techniques and tools
- Reuse the provided samples to build agile and robust applications
- Extend your application features by using simple plugins and add-ons
- Manage all your applications intuitively using the one-stop Heroku dashboard
An easy-to-follow, hands-on guide that clearly explains the various components of the Heroku platform and provides step-by-step guidance as well as numerous examples on how to build and troubleshoot robust and scalable production-ready web applications on the Heroku platform.
Who this book is for
This book is intended for those who want to learn Heroku the right way. Perhaps you are new to Heroku or are someone who has heard about Heroku but have not built anything significant with it. You should have knowledge or familiarity with cloud computing and basic knowledge of database and network deployment.