Google Apps Script for Beginners is published by Packt Publishing in February 2014. This book has 178 pages in English, ISBN-13 9781783552177.
This book is a practical hands-on guide which is presented and explained with working examples to help you get started with Google Apps Script. You will create custom functions in your spreadsheets, design your own forms, filter your emails, and publish web applications that you can use every day.
You are going to be part of a great journey from basic spreadsheet functionality and customization to fully automated workflows; all of this almost seamlessly and without complications.
On your way, you will filter your e-mails, create your forms, calculate all sorts of parameters, and be able to share just about anything that can be shared; all of this with the power of Google Apps Script at your fingertips. You will learn to embed scripts and text documents in Google sites, and will also be taken through standalone applications and user interfaces. The book ends with some tips and tricks to expand your knowledge.
What you will learn from this book
- Get acquainted with the tools you have at hand
- Exchange and communicate information between Google services
- Build a private website using your private files
- Construct a web app that really helps you at work
- Solve common issues when using shared documents
- Embed scripts and text documents in Google sites
- Know where to find the information you will need to go further
This book is a simple step-by-step, example-oriented guide with a focus on providing the practical skills necessary to develop and customize apps with Apps Script.
Who this book is written for