Highcharts Cookbook is published by Packt Publishing in March 2014. This book has 332 pages in English, ISBN-13 9781783559688.
“Highcharts Cookbook” is a practical guide that provides you with clear, step-by-step recipes to create dynamic, functional charts in your web applications using Highcharts. With “Highcharts Cookbook”, you will create and design dynamic and versatile charts in different scenarios.
“Highcharts Cookbook” through its wide array of recipes will walk you through everything you need to know about Highcharts and will enable you to unleash its full potential in your web applications quickly and easily.
You will learn how to integrate Highcharts with different frontend and backend libraries such as ExtJS, jQuery, and the Yii framework with some examples in Python, PHP, and NodeJS. You will also cover how to handle user interactions like form input and mouse events, how to fetch remote data in CSV, XML, and JSON format, and how to render charts for offline usage. If you want to learn the different ways you can leverage the power of Highcharts to create, integrate and extend its features in your application, then this book is for you.
What you will learn from this book
- Create charts in a variety of display formats
- Process data from different remote or local sources with AJAX and Websockets
- Create simple polls
- Render charts for offline usage or e-mail
- Integrate Highcharts with existing frontend and backend frameworks
- Connect Highcharts to other data sources such as git for interesting visualizations
- Display simple statistical data
- Extend the Highcharts library for more reusable, versatile charts
An easy-to-follow, step-by-step guide with over 80 recipes covering examples on how to use and create dynamic charts with Highcharts.
Who this book is written for