Mastering Grunt is published by Packt Publishing in April 2014. This book has 110 pages in English, ISBN-13 9781783980925.
Grunt.js continues to excel as the build automation tool of choice. Along with its support for many third-party technologies, Grunt is packaged with a clean API for defining tasks. This powerful tool can streamline your workflow by automating the preparation tasks for production, such as compression, compilation, obfuscation, testing, and even pushing your web application live. This book will teach you how to master build automation and testing with Grunt. You will have the opportunity to utilize the latest and in-demand web tools, such as Git, Jade, CoffeeScript, Sass, and the Mocha testing engine, across several exciting projects by combining Grunt with them. You will also learn to create a project – a simple Bulletin Board System (BBS), which will explain the use of Grunt alongside the Mocha testing library to automate testing throughout the build process.
Mastering Grunt will demonstrate how to leverage Grunt with other technologies to become an expert in build automation, teaching you the best practices for modern web development along the way.
What you will learn from this book
- Build any web application using Grunt.js
- Explore the basics revolving around source control with Git
- Understand the importance behind package management with npm and Bower
- Use Grunt alongside Jade, the templating engine, to automate the compression and obfuscation process
- Ease the compilation process by working with Sass, a CSS preprocessor
- Understand the fundamentals involved in CoffeeScript development
- Automate the frontend testing process using Grunt
This easy-to-understand tutorial provides you with several engaging projects that show you how to utilize Grunt with various web technologies, teaching you how to master build automation and testing with Grunt in your applications.
Who this book is for