WebRTC Blueprints is published by Packt Publishing in May 2014. This book has 176 pages in English, ISBN-13 9781783983100.
This book introduces you to WebRTC and how you can utilize its open API. Each chapter covers a new concept of the technology with thoroughly explained code examples of completed applications to help you learn quickly and efficiently.
You will learn about the client and server sides of a WebRTC application in a practical manner, as well as how to implement data exchange between peers using the WebRTC Data API. The book also guides you through how to develop applications for desktop sharing and prerecorded video streaming. The book also teaches you how to use HTTPS with a WebRTC application and why it can be useful. You will also learn how to implement authentication in an application and integrate it with your own TURN server.
What you will learn from this book
- Create video conference web services that work without installing plug-ins or additional third-party software
- Use ICE and STUN to pass through NAT and firewalls
- Learn how to create and use direct peer-to-peer data channels to secure exchange data
- Build a cross-platform signalling server for WebRTC applications
- Install and configure your own TURN/STUN server
- Integrate your application with a TURN server using authentication
- Make your application more secure and safe using HTTPS
This book is a step-by-step project-based guide that aims to teach you how to develop your own web applications and services with WebRTC in a concise, practical manner.
Who this book is written for
If you are a WebRTC developer and want to build complex WebRTC applications and projects, or if you want to gain practical experience in developing web applications, advanced WebRTC media handling, Server and client signalling, call flows, third party integration, then this book is perfect for you. It is essential to have prior knowledge about building simple applications using WebRTC.