RabbitMQ Cookbook is published by Packt Publishing in December 2013. This book has 288 pages in English, ISBN-13 9781849516501.
RabbitMQ is an open source message broker software (sometimes called message-oriented middleware) that implements the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP). The RabbitMQ server is written in the Erlang programming language and is built on the Open Telecom Platform framework for clustering and failover. Messaging enables software applications to connect and scale. Applications can connect to each other as components of a larger application or to user devices and data.
RabbitMQ Cookbook touches on all the aspects of RabbitMQ messaging. You will learn how to use this enabling technology for the solution of highly scalable problems dictated by the dynamic requirements of Web and mobile architectures, based for example on cloud computing platforms. This is a practical guide with several examples that will help you to understand the usefulness and the power of RabbitMQ.
This book helps you learn the basic functionalities of RabbitMQ with simple examples which describe the use of RabbitMQ client APIs and how a RabbitMQ server works. You will find examples of RabbitMQ deployed in real-life use-cases, where its functionalities will be exploited combined with other technologies. This book helps you understand the advanced features of RabbitMQ that are useful for even the most demanding programmer. Over the course of the book, you will learn about the usage of basic AMQP functionalities and use RabbitMQ to let decoupled applications exchange messages as per enterprise integration applications. The same building blocks are used to implement the architecture of highly scalable applications like today’s social networks, and they are presented in the book with some examples. You will also learn how to extend RabbitMQ functionalities by implementing Erlang plugins.
This book combines information with detailed examples coupled with screenshots and diagrams to help you create a messaging application with ease.
What you will learn from this book
- Produce and consume AQMP messages using the fire-and-forget messaging model
- Optimize messaging applications using RabbitMQ extensions
- Learn how to configure RabbitMQ parameters, enable RabbitMQ plugins, and monitor RabbitMQ activities
- Integrate with other protocols such as MQTT, STOMP, and JSON
- Develop Web applications with RabbitMQ as a service bus
- Create a scalable and robust application using RabbitMQ clustering
- Create a highly available RabbitMQ cluster using RabbitMQ HA policies
- Create a geographic RabbitMQ cluster using the federation and shovel plugins
- Create and auto-scale a RabbitMQ cluster on Amazon Web Services
- Deploy and use RabbitMQ on Cloud-Foundry
- Create custom RabbitMQ plugins in Erlang
A practical book filled with advanced recipes as well as plenty of code and real-life examples which will make your learning curve quick and easy.
Who this book is for
If you are a software developer who wants to develop distributed applications based on messaging, then this book is for you. It’s assumed that you have some experience with multithreading applications and distributed applications. You are also expected to know the basic concepts of Web and cloud applications in order to follow the recipes effectively.