Kali Linux – Assuring Security by Penetration Testing is published by Packt Publishing in April 2014. This book has 454 pages in English, ISBN-13 9781849519489.
Kali Linux is a comprehensive penetration testing platform with advanced tools to identify, detect, and exploit the vulnerabilities uncovered in the target network environment. With Kali Linux, you can apply appropriate testing methodology with defined business objectives and a scheduled test plan, resulting in a successful penetration testing project engagement.
Kali Linux – Assuring Security by Penetration Testing is a fully focused, structured book providing guidance on developing practical penetration testing skills by demonstrating cutting-edge hacker tools and techniques with a coherent, step-by-step approach. This book offers you all of the essential lab preparation and testing procedures that reflect real-world attack scenarios from a business perspective, in today’s digital age.
What you will learn from this book
- Develop the Kali Linux environment in your test lab by installing, configuring, running, and updating its core system components
- Perform a formal Kali Linux testing methodology
- Scope your target with definitive test requirements, limitations, business objectives, and schedule the test plan
- Exercise a number of security tools from Kali Linux, logically divided into subcategories of testing methodology
- Practice the processes of reconnaissance, discovery, enumeration, vulnerability mapping, social engineering, exploitation, privilege escalation, and maintaining access to target for evaluation purposes
- Document, report, and present your verified test results to the relevant authorities in a formal reporting structure
Written as an interactive tutorial, this book covers the core of Kali Linux with real-world examples and step-by-step instructions to provide professional guidelines and recommendations for you. The book is designed in a simple and intuitive manner that allows you to explore the whole Kali Linux testing process or study parts of it individually.
Who this book is for
If you are an IT security professional who has a basic knowledge of Unix/Linux operating systems, including an awareness of information security factors, and want to use Kali Linux for penetration testing, this book is for you.