Getting Started with XenDesktop 7.x is published by Packt Publishing in April 2014. This book has 422 pages in English, ISBN-13 9781849689762.
Citrix® is an established name in today’s Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) era by virtue of their desktop and application virtualization platforms, with the capability to assign applications and contents in a secure manner.
Getting Started with XenDesktop® 7.x provides the best way to learn how to build your own virtual desktop and application Site. You may not have a lot of time to read the Citrix® documentation, or attend a class, so this step-by-step guide is distilled into fast, concise chapters to quickly lead you through all of the important information to get your XenDesktop® 7.x deployment done.
What you will learn from this book
- Create a completely functioning VDI implementation
- Manage XenDesktop® using Studio, including machine catalogs, delivery groups, and Personal vDisks
- Customize user sessions using policies
- Learn how printing and USB redirection work and how to configure them
- Explore High Definition User Experience (HDX) and how it affects usability
- Deliver virtual applications with VM hosted apps
- Plug in to the different XenDesktop® services using the XenDesktop® SDK
- Use the Citrix® Receiver® to receive and run the virtual desktop on the client device
- Manage and monitor XenDesktop® using Studio and Director
- Secure the XenDesktop® Site using the NetScaler Gateway
- Build and deliver VDI from the cloud
This is a step-by-step, task-based, practical guide to learning and getting your basic XenDesktop 7.x site up and running. It is fast, easy, and makes learning desktop and application virtualization simple.
Who this book is for
If you are a system administrator, consultant, or beginner who wants to implement and administer Citrix® XenDesktop® Sites, then this book is for you. Familiarity with virtualization of desktops and applications and datacenter concepts will be helpful. The ability to read network diagrams and understand servers, data flow, clients, devices, and the interworking of these pieces will be beneficial.
Citrix®, Citrix Systems®, XenApp®, XenDesktop® and CloudPortal™ are trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/ or one or more of its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the United States Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries.