Learning Objective-C by Developing iPhone Games is published by Packt Publishing in April 2014. This book has 284 pages in English, ISBN-13 9781849696104.
The introduction of the Apple Store has empowered thousands, even millions of people to embrace software development. Using Objective-C and the Xcode IDE, you can produce awesome games and launch them on the Apple Store allowing you to make and sell games quickly and easily.
From learning the basics of Objective-C to deploying to the App Store, you’ll use this book to learn about game development in a matter-of-fact, helpful manner. Whether you’re new to game development, or just want to learn how to leverage Apple’s own tools to expand your skill set, you’ll quickly move from a beginner to an expert.
The book kicks off with the basics of game development, and you will take your first steps with using Xcode, the official Apple programming IDE, before moving on to the most important concepts involved in programming games using Objective-C. This book is a hands-on guide to developing the game of your dreams in no time for the Apple Store.
What you will learn from this book
- Understand the basics of Objective-C and develop code in the iOS language
- Set up multiple screens in iOS and make easy transitions from one screen to another
- Create a simple audio-based memory game using basic game logic
- Display a background image for your game and program your aliens to drop bombs
- Build a simple user interface using Xcode’s interface builder
- Program your graphics to move using buttons, gestures, and multitouch interactivity
- Overcome common issues that developers run in to at one point or another
- Explore the Apple Store and iTunes Connect’s submission process and prepare your app for distribution
Written as a practical and engaging tutorial, this book guides you through the development of your own exciting, fully featured, games.
Who this book is written for
If you are a beginner and an enthusiast who dreams about creating games and is in need of some additional inspiration and knowledge, then this book is for you. No programming experience is expected.