OUYA Game Development by Example: Beginner’s Guide is published by Packt Publishing in May 2014. This book has 268 pages in English, ISBN-13 9781849697224.
The OUYA console and development kit gives you the power to publish video games for the players, creating a console marketplace of the gamers, for the gamers, and by the gamers. Using the OUYA developer kit and the Unity3D game engine, even beginners with a captivating game idea can bring it to life with a hint of imagination.
OUYA Game Development by Example uses a series of feature-based, step-by-step tutorials that teach beginners how to integrate essential elements into a game engine and then combine them to form a polished gaming experience.
What you will learn from this book
- Control camera functions, lighting, and appearance in a 3D game engine
- Script gameplay in Unity3D in the C# programming language
- Use the OUYA API to process input from controllers
- Create longer games by coding, saving, and loading systems
- Configure your computer to deploy code directly to the OUYA console
- Improve the appearance of games with materials and textures
- Implement in-app purchases in the game in order to monetize the game in a more effective manner
“OUYA Game Development by Example” consists of different game application examples. No prior experience with programming is required. You will learn everything from scratch and will have an organized flow of information specifically designed for complete beginners.
Who this book is written for
Using this book, you can get started with creating games without any game development experience. This book is perfect for anyone that wants to make video games but is unsure of where to start. It covers elements of game design, art, and programming comprehensively, and the engine used throughout all of the tutorials is very beginner-friendly. No prior knowledge is assumed or required for the tutorials in this book.