Most applications include the specific functionalities implemented by ArcGIS Server as tasks. You’ll learn how to use the various tasks provided by ArcGIS Server including spatial and attribute queries, identification of features, finding features by attribute, and more. Geocoding and geoprocessing tasks are covered in-depth to help you accomplish your task in GIS. Finally, you’ll learn just how easy it is to integrate ArcGIS.com content into your custom developed applications.
This comprehensive guide quickly advances through probing programmatic techniques for building web and mobile GIS applications which will make application development a lot easier!
What you will learn from this book
- Create maps on a web page and add dynamic and tiled layers
- Add graphics to maps
- Use feature layers to render features in the browser
- Incorporate widgets and toolbars that provide specific functionality to your application
- Perform spatial and attribute queries
- Access geoprocessing tasks including models
- Geocode and reverse geocode addresses
- Develop mobile GIS applications
- Conduct network analysis
An easy to follow tutorial, this book uses a step-by-step approach with exercises designed to give you hands-on experience with this technology.
Who this book is written for