This book begins by covering the essentials of including simple maps for Web and mobile, adding vector and raster layers, styling your own base maps, creating your own controls and responding to events, and including your own events.
What you will learn from this book
- Create simple maps and display them on mobile devices
- Style your own base maps
- Add your own tile maps as base maps or overlays
- Show vector layers on base maps in various types such as points, polylines or polygons
- Parse various vector formats such as KML, GeoRSS, GeoJSON, WKT, and so on
- Create a custom UI and customize your own ways to control it
- Respond to various events including mobile gestures
- Add additional libraries to extend the capabilities of the API
- Work with Google Services for geocoding, directions, StreetView, and so on
- Integrate open source or commercial GIS servers or services
Google Maps API Cookbook follows a fast-paced, high-level, structured cookbook approach, with minimal theory and an abundance of practical, real-world examples explained in a thorough yet concise manner to help you learn quickly and efficiently.
Who this book is written for