Learning Anime Studio is published by Packt Publishing in May 2014. This book has 354 pages in English, ISBN-13 9781849699570.
Anime Studio is your complete animation program to help you create cut-out, anime and other types of cartoons. You can create your own animated shorts and use Anime Studio to produce cartoon animations for film, TV, or streaming over the Web. Anime Studio is great for hobbyists and professionals alike, combining tools for both illustration and animation. With Anime Studio’s easy-to-use interface, you will be creating an animated masterpiece in no time.
This practical, step-by-step guide will provide you with a structured path for designing an animated cartoon and gives you a strong foundation to create your future projects. This book also serves as a great reference guide for Anime Studio Pro 10’s new features.
This book starts by getting you acquainted with the tools and features of Anime Studio Pro 10. You will then learn how to utilize them to create a cohesive and polished package. You will dive into the Anime Studio drawing tools, layer types, and various panels to create and rig a cartoon character as well as design background scenes and props. Everything is then combined, animated and polished. Finally, you will take everything you have created and edit it together so that it can be distributed online through websites such as YouTube and Vimeo.
What you will learn from this book
- Write outlines and screenplays for your projects
- Draw your very own cartoon character with an impressive set of draw and fill tools.
- Rig a character using the advanced bone system
- Take advantage of the different layer types such as Vectors, Bones, and Switches
- Use the Channels, Sequencer, and Motion Graph timelines to control the animation in every aspect of your production
- Create unique effects using different brushes and layer settings
- Design props and set pieces for your character to inhabit
- Combine your animated scenes with video editing software
- Render your videos for distribution on websites such as YouTube and Vimeo
Written in an easy to follow manner with practical exercises, this book takes you through every aspect of Anime Studio, guiding you to create your own original cartoon.
Who this book is for
Learning Anime Studio is for newcomers to Anime Studio or animation in general. Hobbyists and newcomers with ambitions of being an animator will get the most out of this book. However, intermediate and long time users will be able to use various chapters as a reference to some of Anime Studio’s tools and features. The book also serves as a guide for the new enhancements introduced in Anime Studio Pro 10.