iOS Core Animation is published by Addison-Wesley in August 2013. This book has 356 pages in English, ISBN-13 B00EHJCORC.
Core Animation is the technology underlying Apple’s iOS user interface. By unleashing the full power of Core Animation, you can enhance your app with impressive 2D and 3D visual effects and create exciting and unique new interfaces.
In this in-depth guide, iOS developer Nick Lockwood takes you step-by-step through the Core Animation framework, building up your understanding through sample code and diagrams together with comprehensive explanations and helpful tips. Lockwood demystifies the Core Animation APIs, and teaches you how to make use of
- Layers and views, software drawing and hardware compositing
- Layer geometry, hit testing and clipping
- Layer effects, transforms and 3D interfaces
- Video playback, text, tiled images, OpenGL, particles and reflections
- Implicit and explicit animations
- Property animations, keyframes and transitions
- Easing, frame-by-frame animation and physics
- Performance tuning and much, much more!