Unreal Engine 4 Game Development Essentials is published by Amazon Digital Services LLC in February 2016. This book has 266 pages in English, ISBN-13 B019ZNWHMQ.
Unreal Engine 4 is a complete suite of game development tools that gives you power to develop your game and seamlessly deploy it to iOS and Android devices. It can be used for the development of simple 2D games or even stunning high-end visuals. Unreal Engine features a high degree of portability and is a tool used by many game developers today.
This book will introduce you to the most popular game development tool called Unreal Engine 4 with hands-on instructions for building stunning video games. You will begin by creating a new project or prototype by learning the essentials of Unreal Engine by getting familiar with the UI and Content Browser. Next, we’ll import a sample asset from Autodesk 3ds max and learn more about Material Editor. After that we will learn more about Post Process. From there we will continue to learn more about Blueprints, Lights, UMG, C++ and more.
What you will learn
- Download both the binary and source version of Unreal Engine 4 and get familiar with the UI
- Get to know more about the Material Editor and how it works
- Add a post process to the scene and alter it to get a unique look for your scene
- Acquaint yourself with the unique and exclusive feature of Unreal Engine 4—Blueprints
- Find out more about Static and Dynamic lighting and the difference between various lights
- Use Matinee to create cut scenes
- Create a health bar for the player with the use of Unreal Motion Graphics (UMG)
- Get familiar with Cascade Particle Editor