3D Printing is published by ExplainingTheFuture.com in November 2016. This book has 260 pages in English, ISBN-13 B01N071P7S.
3D printing continues to advance, and will increasingly facilitate low-run, customized, on-demand and material-efficient manufacturing. Already 3D printed metal and plastic parts are being fitted into products that range from jet engines to medical devices and personalized shoes. Next generation 3D printing processes are also being developed, while the convergence of 3D printing with other technologies presents significant opportunities for localization and more sustainable production methods.
Recognizing the potential, large traditional manufacturers — including HP and Ricoh — have begun to enter the 3D printing marketplace. The 3D printing industry is indeed in a state of radical transition as it evolves from selling niche rapid prototyping equipment, to supplying cutting-edge digital manufacturing systems.
Building on the success of its two previous editions, this book provides an extensive overview of 3D printing technologies, coupled with a detailed analysis of the 3D printing industry, scores of case examples, and broader predictions for the future of additive manufacturing. Also included are a glossary of 172 3D printing terms, and an extensive 3D Printing Directory.
The full contents of the book are as follows:
Preface: Beyond the Hype
1. The Revolution Continues — explaining the benefits of 3D printing and its four key marketplaces.
2. 3D Printing Technologies — detailing every additive manufacturing method on the market or in the lab.
3. The 3D Printing Industry — analyzing the leading printer manufacturers, software providers and services.
4. Direct Digital Manufacturing — reporting on those pioneers who are already 3D printing final products of parts thereof.
5. Personal Fabrication — overviewing personal 3D printers, personal 3D scanners and the Maker Movement.
6. Bioprinting — exploring how organic 3D printing may transform medicine and manufacturing.
7. Brave New World? — predicting the future of additive manufacturing technologies and the 3D printing industry.