Designing with CSS Grid Layout is published by SitePoint in July 2017. This book has 82 pages in English, ISBN-13 B074GB7B6W.
Layout in CSS has always been a tricky task: hacking solutions using positioning, floats, and the one-dimensional flexbox has never been very satisfactory. Fortunately, there is a new tool to add to our arsenal: CSS Grid Layout. It is an incredibly powerful layout system that allows us to design pages using a two-dimensional grid – offering the kind of fine-grained layout control that print designers take for granted!
Grid Layout has been in development for a while, but has recently been made a W3C candidate recommendation and has been added to most of the major browsers, so is ready for prime time.
This short selection of tutorials, hand-picked from SitePoint’s HTML & CSS channel, will get you up and running with Grid Layout and using it on your own sites in no time.
This collection includes:
- An Introduction to the CSS Grid Layout Module by Ahmad Ajmi
- Seven Ways You Can Place Elements Using CSS Grid Layout by Nitish Kumar
- How to Order and Align Items in Grid Layout by Nitish Kumar
- A Step by Step Guide to the Auto- Placement Algorithm in CSS Grid by Nitish Kumar
- How I Built a Pure CSS Crossword Puzzle by Adrian Roworth
This book is suitable for front end developers and web designers with some CSS experience.