Mastering Apache Storm is published by Packt Publishing in August 2017. This book has 284 pages in English, ISBN-13 B074M54PXB.
Apache Storm is a real-time Big Data processing framework that processes large amounts of data reliably, guaranteeing that every message will be processed. Storm allows you to scale your data as it grows, making it an excellent platform to solve your big data problems. This extensive guide will help you understand right from the basics to the advanced topics of Storm.
The book begins with a detailed introduction to real-time processing and where Storm fits in to solve these problems. You’ll get an understanding of deploying Storm on clusters by writing a basic Storm Hello World example. Next we’ll introduce you to Trident and you’ll get a clear understanding of how you can develop and deploy a trident topology. We cover topics such as monitoring, Storm Parallelism, scheduler and log processing, in a very easy to understand manner. You will also learn how to integrate Storm with other well-known Big Data technologies such as HBase, Redis, Kafka, and Hadoop to realize the full potential of Storm.
With real-world examples and clear explanations, this book will ensure you will have a thorough mastery of Apache Storm. You will be able to use this knowledge to develop efficient, distributed real-time applications to cater to your business needs.
What you will learn
- Understand the core concepts of Apache Storm and real-time processing
- Follow the steps to deploy multiple nodes of Storm Cluster
- Create Trident topologies to support various message-processing semantics
- Make your cluster sharing effective using Storm scheduling
- Integrate Apache Storm with other Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, HBase, Kafka, and more
- Monitor the health of your Storm cluster