Beginning Backdrop CMS is published by Apress in June 2016. This book has 278 pages in English, ISBN-13 978-1484219690.
Learn what Backdrop CMS is and how it fulfills the role of a content management system, along with how to install and configure it. This book teaches how to create and manage content, taxonomy, users, page layouts, and menus to get the best site possible. You’ll also see how to install on shared hosting – which is a focus of the Backdrop CMS team – to make hosting your website affordable.
Backdrop CMS has a very strong community, and Beginning Backdrop CMS shows you how to leverage Backdrop CMS’s repository of contributed modules and themes to expand the functionality and look of your site, along with how to contribute your own material to the community.
Beginning Backdrop CMS focuses on the user who is responsible for building, maintaining, and managing an organization’s website and who is interested in Backdrop CMS’s ability to meet their site’s requirements. It covers why you should consider using a content management system when building a new web site.
By reading this book, you will:
- Understand why you should use Backdrop CMS and the power of the platform.
- Build confidence in your ability to use Backdrop CMS.
- Gain the knowledge necessary to build, deploy, and manage web sites of moderate complexity on Backdrop CMS.
- Understand the process for migrating a Drupal 6 or 7 site to Backdrop CMS.
- How to install a basic Backdrop CMS web site from scratch
- How to create content in your new Backdrop CMS web site
- How to create blocks
- How to create and manage menus and users
- How to create and use layouts when creating pages on your site
- How to create a Backdrop CMS theme
- The basics of a Backdrop CMS module
Who This Book is For: